Re: Extension For E911 "Not as Good As..." Rule

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Wed Jul 27 13:14:27 2005
On 27 Jul 2005, at 11:17, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:

After Aug. 30, VoIP providers will have to cut off subscribers who refuse to acknowledge the warning, according to the ruling by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
... because if there's an emergency, a handset which gives no dialtone is better than one which might connect you to the wrong emergency response centre.

If I lived in the US, I'm sure that would make me sleep more easily at night.

Joe