Re: NANOG List Server on several BlockLists

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Wed Jul 27 02:20:20 2005

Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

John Palmer wrote:

FYI: The IP address of the mail server that sends out NANOG list messages
(198.108.1.26) is once again on most of the major RBLs.
Was a mistake and was removed promptly as soon as we were notified.

What was the mistake? Would be informational to know how this happened (again) and how it's not going to happen again in the future?
I'm not going to give the gory details, but part of it was a mistake with a mouse click that I personally made. Ironically the main part of the reason it happened was because I was modifying the scripts to help prevent this sort of thing occuring in the future.

Regards,

Mat