Re: open source tools help (contract) in DC area?

  • From: Howard C. Berkowitz
  • Date: Mon Jul 25 20:42:56 2005

At 8:27 PM +0200 7/25/05, Brad Knowles wrote:
At 1:12 PM -0400 2005-07-25, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

 I need to get some short-term contract help on setting up a lab dealing
 with SP security issues, in the Washington DC area.  Please contact me
 offline if interested. I am the technoid and will pass you on for the
 mercenary aspects.
I'm not convinced that this is an appropriate on-topic posting for NANOG. It seems to me that you would be much better off going through SANS or SAGE to find local groups in the area that could be helpful to you.
Actually, the interest is in open-source ISP tools.

For example, I believe that if you contact the folks at dc.sage (see www.dc-sage.org), they are more likely to be able to help. I know there are several security and network-knowledgeable system administrators in dc.sage. I imagine that at least one or two of them should be consultants/contractors who can help you.

But it does seem to me that a more targeted search for assistance would have been appropriate.

--
Brad Knowles, <[email protected]>

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755