Re: GSM gateways in the US?!?

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Sun Jul 24 20:35:23 2005
On 24 Jul 2005, at 19:21, John Levine wrote:

North America is all mobile party pays,
so calls to mobile cost the same as calls to landline.

... not inside the [same provider's] mobile network, cell phone to
cell phone. See T-Mobile's "Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile" component of
their services, as an example. This (unlimited, for a flat, usually
minuscule, fee) is what I am hoping to achieve with a gateway (making
the PBX behind it look like any other mobile phone).
I don't understand where you're planning to save money here.  Calls
into a mobile network are free for the caller under any circumstances.
The original message talked about calls from the mobile network into the office, not calls from the office into the mobile network.

Joe