RE: Switch advice please - followup

  • From: Vinny Abello
  • Date: Sat Jul 23 00:53:39 2005

At 02:39 PM 7/22/2005, Nicole wrote:
 The sad part is I hate Cisco. Well I hate IOS. It is the most counter
intuitive interface known to man.
Really? I find Cisco's CLI in IOS to be one of the best out there and very intuitive. After years of working on Cisco routers and mostly CatOS on Catalyst switches, when I started using IOS on Catalyst switches, it made a lot more sense to me (than CatOS did at first) and I was able to pick it up very quickly. CatOS makes sense in it's own right, but I still prefer IOS. Maybe it's just the years of using it that make me feel at home. :)

We currently have several 3550's and one that
is still partially brain dis-functional after a "senior network engineer" at a
hosting facility got a-hold of it to "help out".
And that's the switch's or an IOS fault? ;)

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
[email protected]
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0 E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear" -- Mark Twain