Re: IPv6 push doesn't have much pull in U.S

  • From: Simon Leinen
  • Date: Fri Jul 22 06:50:26 2005

Christopher L Morrow writes:
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
>> And I'm sure Sprint and Verio (MCI/Worldcom/UUNET too? I have a

> I know verio does, Sprint I believe also does, and UUNET
> does... everyone has restrictions on the service though (native or
> tunnel'd type restrictions)

For what it's worth, we get IPv6 transit connectivity from all our
upstreams: Global Crossing, TeliaSonera and Level(3).  In each case,
IPv6 runs over a short tunnel to a router somewhere in the upstream's
backbone.  I assume that's because they either run separate backbones
for IPv4 and IPv6, or because our access routers aren't IPv6-enabled
for some reason.
--
Simon.