RE: compromized host list available

  • From: Todd Vierling
  • Date: Thu Jul 21 13:59:43 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Hannigan, Martin wrote:

> > I've developed a tool to pull together a bunch of information from
> > DNSRBLs and mix it with a BGP feed, the result is that upon request I
> > can generate a report of all the compromised hosts on your network as
> > seen by various DNSRBLs.

> What about collateral damage?

Why, are you wanting to create some?  8-)

I think such reports should be treated as they are: third party statistics
that (depending on the sources, as I don't know what they are) indicate what
those third parties think is happening with your network's hosts.

These reports are not a new blacklist.  The original poster is only offering
these to the admin of any given network -- not another third party.
Certainly, I'd *love* to see a neatly cross referenced list for a few
unnamed cesspools who refuse to police their networks, in order to ostracize
them for it in public, but that's not the purpose of these reports....

--
-- Todd Vierling <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <[email protected]>