Re: Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

  • From: Jeffrey I. Schiller
  • Date: Wed Jul 20 22:57:35 2005

[email protected] wrote:

On the other hand, maybe all you want to do is to route the
call to the right E911 center. In that case, as long as you
are in the right county you are probably OK.

This is actually more important then it sounds. Not long ago I was
driving around in Northern New Hampshire on I93 and saw a situation I
believed should be reported to the police. I used my cell phone to dial
"*SP" (which I saw on many signs in Massachusetts claiming it was how
you called the State Police).

Well, someone answers "State Police" and I begin to describe where I am.
Much confusion results until I realize that I am talking to the
MASSACHUSETTS State Police even when in Northern New Hampshire!

			-Jeff

---
Jeffrey I. Schiller
MIT Network Manager