RE: Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

  • From: Shane Owens
  • Date: Wed Jul 20 16:20:50 2005

 Why not standardize this across the board for all access devices? As an example if my Broadband provider was required to enter
location information in my cable modem so that when I connected a VOIP device (ATA, IAD, PC, etc) it would query the first IP device
it encountered and gather location data that would solve a lot of these problems.  Any solution can be circumvented so no solution
will be perfect, but this idea seems easy enough to accomplish with existing technology. It would even fix the VPN connection issue,
unless the user was purposefully trying to obfuscate himself in which case I don't think we are necessarily concerned about his
ability to contact emergency services.

Shane