Re: clec vs ilec, how do you know who's lying?

  • From: John Curran
  • Date: Wed Jul 20 07:15:39 2005

David,

   It depends a little on what sort of "continuous blame" the CLEC
   is pointing at the ILEC...   If the statement is that the ILEC fails
   to show up multiple times, then cancel with the CLEC and order
   elsewhere.   As someone else pointed out, CLEC's are customers
   of the ILEC wholesale teams, and while a missed delivery date
   happens all the time, multiple missed dates on one order means
   that the CLEC isn't managing the process and escalating as needed.

   If the reason is due to a "lack of facilities" claim by the ILEC, then
   give the CLEC a specific date (which is about 15 days out) to achieve
   activation.   The CLEC should have the ability to prioritize their LEC
   orders to get this in on time, or even to order expensive retail service,
   watch it get installed fast despite the supposed facility shortage, and
   then convert it to special access after the fact.

   CLEC's remain a great bargain but recognize that they're operating
   in a regulatory environment that has turned hostile.   Long-term,
   CLEC's may not be able to provide any delivery certainty to customers
   not on their direct fiber plants...

/John