RE: clec vs ilec, how do you know who's lying?

  • From: Kuhtz, Christian
  • Date: Tue Jul 19 11:20:14 2005

> Hello everyone, not sure if this is off topic or not
> since it is will be operational in nature if I can ever
> get the service set up. :-)  I'm having the pleasure, or
> lack thereof, of ordering some data connectivity via a
> very large clec which requires the ilec to provide the
> local loops.  Well we're about two months past the
> estimated install completion and all I get from the clec
> is continuous blame pointed at the ilec who has now
> missed three install dates and in turn has wasted staff
> time sitting there from 8 to 5 each of the days; assuming
> they were really scheduled in the first place.  I know the
> two types of entities don't particularly like each other
> but at this point how do I tell who's lying to me?  I
> have supposed work order numbers for the ilec but I don't
> have any direct contact with them to see if they are
> real numbers and if the disposition of the previous
> work orders are what the clec has told me or if they are
> messing things up themselves and trying to cover it up.

Hmm, I don't know specifically how you'd resolve that since your
customer relationship is likely with the clec, but.. Every ilec has a
wholesale unit (in BellSouth territory this is called BellSouth ICS -
Interconnection Services) and you could probably get in touch with them
directly and run the work order numbers by them and see what they say.
That's the sort of thing I did when I was on the outside and
blamestorming started. ;-)

Best regards,
Christian

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 163