Re: Non-English Domain Names Likely Delayed

  • From: Brad Knowles
  • Date: Tue Jul 19 06:20:10 2005

At 10:31 AM +0200 2005-07-19, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

 And for 99% of the users out there,

   4) the caching servers for their ISP/employer/other access
     provider
 Actually, you don't. If the DNS provides false information, the public
 key crypto will catch this. Sure, you won't be able to communicate, but
 you can't be fished that way.
What public key crypto are you talking about? You seem to think that something like DNSSEC is in wide use throughout the world, which is a very strange notion for someone to have when they damn well should know better.

 I don't see why this would need to be "fixed". We're not talking about
 5 year olds, people need to be able to cross the road without someone
 holding their hand.
You're on a slippery slope here. At what point do you think that you can stop protecting the users? How do you justify that?

--
Brad Knowles, <[email protected]>

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755