Re: Vonage Selects TCS For VoIP E911 Service

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Tue Jul 19 03:54:08 2005

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Owen DeLong wrote:

Just because you can does not mean it is a good idea. I like being able to have a phone that cannot be accurately located. I won't be buying any VOIP products that can.
Then I guess you should talk to FCC and ask them to lighten the demands on the VOIP operators to provide that service.

Btw, since the demand is the same for mobile phones, I guess most mobiles sold in the US will have a locator chip, if they don't already? Do you know what your mobile phone is telling others about you?

This issue is a typical conflict of interests between security and privacy. Obvisouly a large part of the population likes the security and is less concerned about privacy in this case (at least judging from the polls that were presented on the webpage I references in my last post).

--
Mikael Abrahamsson email: [email protected]