clec vs ilec, how do you know who's lying?

  • From: David Hubbard
  • Date: Mon Jul 18 18:30:34 2005

Hello everyone, not sure if this is off topic or not
since it is will be operational in nature if I can ever
get the service set up. :-)  I'm having the pleasure, or
lack thereof, of ordering some data connectivity via a
very large clec which requires the ilec to provide the
local loops.  Well we're about two months past the
estimated install completion and all I get from the clec
is continuous blame pointed at the ilec who has now
missed three install dates and in turn has wasted staff
time sitting there from 8 to 5 each of the days; assuming
they were really scheduled in the first place.  I know the
two types of entities don't particularly like each other
but at this point how do I tell who's lying to me?  I
have supposed work order numbers for the ilec but I don't
have any direct contact with them to see if they are
real numbers and if the disposition of the previous
work orders are what the clec has told me or if they are
messing things up themselves and trying to cover it up.

Thanks,

David