Re: "Leaky Coax" [was: London incidents]

  • From: Thomas Kernen
  • Date: Fri Jul 15 05:22:14 2005

Matt Ghali wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Adam Rothschild wrote:

As I understand it, cellular service in the tunnels is provided by
cells co-located in the Weehawken, NJ and New York City, NY vent
buildings, with "leaky coax" cable shared by all carriers running
inside the tubes.

I was intrigued by the concept, and did a bit of googling. I managed to dig up a fascinating article on the applications for "leaky coax" antennas, in the tunnels we are discussing, to boot!

http://wirelessreview.com/mag/wireless_trouble_tunnels/

matto
It works great for in-building Wifi too if you do the proper engineering.

Thomas