Re: ICANN, VeriSign Will Consider Changes on .net Agreement

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
  • Date: Thu Jul 14 12:25:35 2005

FWIW, we did a "Major Protest" at the Rome meeting about Sitefinder and it
took Vint months to come to the conclusion that it (interposition on the
lookup error semantics) was not just a business decision.

I don't know if it is the repeated "ICANN can't be trusted / is corrupt"
messaging, or the sensitivity of the .NET "rebid" (aka VGRS deregulation)
that got the prompt action -- by VGRS, not the ICANN BoD, but it is more
likely the latter (YMMV), so it isn't a sign in itself that ICANN has any
more clue today than yesterday.

Eric