Re: London incidents

  • From: Bill Stewart
  • Date: Tue Jul 12 23:12:48 2005

On 7/12/05, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> > They found a third of calls in the 10 minutes before the crash were made on cellphones.
> And the *other* 2/3rd of the calls were made on what, exactly?
>
> A land line just before departure, followed by a crash less than 10 minutes into the drive?
> (This would tie in well with the "agitated by the phone call" theory advanced by JC Dill...)

Landline *during* the drive.  Long extension cord.  Really yanks the
steering wheel around when you reach the end.    (This probably
wouldn't become any more operationally relevant
if I noted that analog land lines avoid the need for IPv6 VOIP header
overhead....)

Some fraction of phone calls made immediately before driving are
conversations about
"Please get here right away" or "sorry, I'm N minutes late but I'm
leaving now",
which don't lead to safe driving
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.