Re: London incidents

  • From: Robert E.Seastrom
  • Date: Mon Jul 11 08:57:10 2005

Brad Knowles <[email protected]> writes:

> 	There were lower levels of priority that you could also use,
> but "flash" was the top one that I heard about.

The four buttons on the "1633" row of an AUTOVON telephone are labeled
P, I, F, and FO for Priority, Immediate, Flash, and Flash-Override.
The fifth (normal) level is of course routine, with no priority code
attached.

My understanding is that many (most?) phones could not issue the
higher priority levels.  Don't want some E-2 in a guard shack to
misdial a number and knock off a four-star who's speaking with the
Joint Chiefs.  :)

                                        ---Rob