Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Daniel Roesen
  • Date: Fri Jul 08 18:21:08 2005

On Sat, Jul 09, 2005 at 12:08:08AM +0200, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> On the other hand a large DFZ routing table would simply dampen its
> growth by itself.  If it gets to costly to multihome because of the
> hardware requirements only few would be able to so.  Ergo we have a
> negative feedback system here keeping itself in check.  Case solved
> and closed.

Multihomed end sites usually get away with receiving only default route
or some partial routes from their upstreams. So technically you can
BGP multihome with Cisco 1600 or even smaller easily (dunno where BGP
support is starting to become available).

Regards,
Daniel

--
CLUE-RIPE -- Jabber: [email protected] -- [email protected] -- PGP: 0xA85C8AA0