Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Matt Ghali
  • Date: Fri Jul 08 13:35:05 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005, Brad Knowles wrote:

  >  It's cheap enough, even today. And we have not 1,000,000 routes yet.

  	The please feel free to upgrade the entire Internet, and
  come back to us when you're done.

You keep using the "entire internet" in your replies, when I was
under the assumption that we were discussing the inter-provider DFZ.

The only routers which could possibly be affected by the "prefix
bloat problem" would be multi-homed and mostly inter-provider, which
is a small fraction of "all routers on the internet".

I'm not trying to accuse you of anything, but your arguments are
beginning to sound like a disingenuous straw-man.

matto

[email protected]<darwin><
              The only thing necessary for the triumph
              of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke