Re: ATT CDPD

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Fri Jul 08 09:58:55 2005

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 08:00:42AM -0400, Ronald W. Jean wrote:
>    Can anyone tell me the status of CDPD in the ATT network?

Scheduled to die soon, if it hasn't already.  I was a second-tier CDPD
sub, via Earthlink, until about a year ago; they took a hit to move me
to 1xRTT, because the underlying networks were scheduled to go down, in
keeping with the general decommissioning of analog AMPS, during this
calendar year, as I understand it.

It was extended because of a couple of large PD's who needed more time
to switch (or amortize their gear; take your pick).

http://www.google.com/search?q=cdpd+decommissioning

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me