Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Brad Knowles
  • Date: Fri Jul 08 05:45:27 2005

At 1:59 AM -0700 2005-07-08, Alexei Roudnev wrote:

 You do not need to - any router have only `1 - 10% of all routing table
 active, and it is always possible to optimize these alghoritms.
If you've got proven solutions to all of the problems raised in RFC 3869, section 3.3, I'm sure we'd love to hear about them. Heck, if you've got even just one proven solution to one of those problems, we'd love to hear about them.

But I think you're being more than a little disingenuous if you do not have proven solutions and simply roll out "Let's replace all the Internet core routers with dirt-cheap PCs" every time someone talks about an Internet routing scalability problem.

Give me some evidence that you truly understand the problems of a Tier-1 provider, and that you've got real-world solutions, and I'd be perfectly happy to learn from whatever lessons you've got to teach.

But even I am smart enough to figure out that the "let them eat cake" routine isn't particularly useful.

--
Brad Knowles, <[email protected]>

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755