RE: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Kuhtz, Christian
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 16:01:15 2005

> My feeling is that the question isn't how much memory, but
> rather how
> much CPU and bandwidth is necessary to deal with routing thrash.

Sure.  Resources in the end.

> Yes, you can aggregate different things to try to reduce the number
> of entries, but that would seem to go against the general
> idea Alexei
> was suggesting.  I mean, I'm an entity, and it'd be cool to have my
> own routed PI address and not have to deal with reconfiguring my
> network when I took my laptop from work to home...

Sure.  But, you think the majority of employers feel warm and fuzzy
about this...?  I would say the answer is a violent "hell no"...   Most
security folks get moderately freaked out by people moving machines back
and forth, let alone IP addresses.

*****
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers. 162