Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 14:21:02 2005

On 7-jul-2005, at 19:43, Kuhtz, Christian wrote:

If I'm on the same shared medium as you I can kill your SSL session
with one packet.

Only if shared medium = vanilla CSMA/CD Ethernet or the like.
Or air.

If the medium isn't shared then if it's a thin pipe, it's subject to DoS (I mean the type where you don't even need a zombie army) and if it's a fat one, an attacker still gets to break the TCP sessions with SSL running over them. (This requires a few million packets.)