Re: London incidents

  • From: Gadi Evron
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 13:19:03 2005

Neil J. McRae wrote:
A number of explosion incidents have happened in London affecting
the tube causing website and mobile phone saturation and some localised issues with the PSTN. From here we are able to route
calls ok and networks seems a little busier, The BBC and Sky TV
websites are very busy.
When 9/11 happened people in the US were surprised about the phone systems going down and there being "silence", i.e. no tone when you pick up the phone. In Israel, unfortunately, we are pretty used to such events and what follows technically.

I wonder, has anyone ever prepared a best practices paper of some sort as to what can be expected in cases of big emergencies and mass hysteria, for networks?

Thanks,

Gadi.