Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 13:00:30 2005

What's the problem with independent address space for every entity (company,
family, enterprise) which wants it? Big routing tables? Is RT of 1,000,000
routes BIG? I do not think so. Memory is cheap, modern routing schemas like
CEF are effective. How many entities do we have on earth? It was a problem,
but it IS NOT ANYMORE.

IPSec - see all ISAKMP schema and IPSEC security associations, and see IPSec
incompatibilities. Compare with SSL (works out-of-the-box in 99.999% cases,
and allows both, full and hard security with root certificates etc, or
simple security based on _ok, I trust you first time, then we can work_. Why
MS uses PPTP? Because it is much more practuical vs IPSec.

IPv4 was strong because it was designed by practical people and not so much
by commiteets., IPv6 was designed by commiteets mainly. Do you know, that
'camel is horse designed by commiteet'?