Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Andre Oppermann
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 12:06:18 2005

Jeroen Massar wrote:
On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 10:39 -0400, Scott McGrath wrote:
4 - Retrain entire staff to support IPv6
You have to train people to drive a car, to program a new VCR etc. What
is so odd about this?
I had training to drive a car once in my life when I got my drivers
license.  I don't have to get a fresh training for every new car I
end up driving throughout my life.

If I need training to program my new VCR then the operating mode of
that VCR is broken and I'm going to return it asap.

It's that simple.  Why are people buying iPod's like crazy?  Because
these thingies don't require training.  People intuitively can use
them because the GUI is designed well.

--
Andre