Cisco hires FCC's Pepper

  • From: Fergie (Paul Ferguson)
  • Date: Thu Jul 07 11:45:19 2005

Not related to operational issues (or is it?), but
there;s a story in this morning's Advanced Ip Pipeline
about Cisco hiring ormer FCC staffer Robert Pepper:

[snip]

With a title of senior managing director, global
advanced technology policy, Pepper will be working
under Laura Ipsen, Cisco's vice president of worldwide
government affairs. Pepper said his role will be similar
to the one he performed at the FCC -- mainly, educating
policymakers about new technologies and their potential
impact on economic growth.

"It'll be the same kind of education I helped bring to
the chairmen [of the FCC]," Pepper said. "I'll help people
look at the cool new things, and try to understand what
are the [policy] implications."

[snip]

http://www.advancedippipeline.com/165700366

I just thought that bit if news was very interesting.

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 [email protected] or [email protected]