Re: SORBS & deaggregation

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Wed Jul 06 19:53:31 2005

Perhaps the networks are disconnected? Perhaps there is insufficient bandwidth between the cities to carry inter-city traffic?
So, why would GRE not be a reasonable (temporary) solution here? If the islands are going to remain disconnected long term, why not get additional AS numbers?
I don't believe the fact of having multiple ASNs solves this issue, I believe ARIN looks at allocated space per OrgID.

I find blaming 250 extra routes WITH EXACTLY THE SAME PATH INFO on ARIN pretty unconvincing...
Personally, I (or my routers) don't have a problem -- at least at the moment. You could always filter.

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, [email protected], latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net