Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Jay R. Ashworth
  • Date: Wed Jul 06 13:39:14 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 07:23:01PM +0200, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> In any event, in the year 2020 we're NOT going to run IPv4 as we know
> it today. It's possible that the packets that travel over the wires
> still look like regular IPv4/TCP/UDP packets and all the complexity
> is pushed out to the application or political/economic layers, but
> that's not a possibility that appeals to me.

Is that layer 8?

Does anyone have a stateful firewall that works at that layer?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [email protected]
Designer                +-Internetworking------+----------+           RFC 2100

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me