Re: source for GIS-correlated fiber conduit data

  • From: Gregory Hicks
  • Date: Tue Jul 05 16:23:30 2005

> Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:09:39 +0000 (GMT)
> From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <[email protected]>
>
> On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Justin M. Streiner wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Sam Crooks wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone point me in the direction of a source for fiber cable
> > > installations correlated to GIS data?
> >
> > You will probably have difficulty in getting this from your carriers of
> > choice.  Chances are, if they provide anything at all, it would be done
> > under NDA.
>
> Didn't Sean Doran do this out of GMU about 2 years ago? and get slapped
> with some silly classification by the us-gov for it? (or am I thinking of
> another sean?)

Someone did but it was not limited to fiber but included utilities...

And did get slapped down for putting together publicly available info
into a usable form...

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin