Enable BIND cache server to resolve chinese domain name?

  • From: Joe Shen
  • Date: Sun Jul 03 21:40:19 2005

Hi,

Some of our customer complaint they could not visit
back to their web site, which use chinese domain name.
I google the net and found some one recommend to use
public-root.com servers in hint file.

I found domain name like xn--8pru44h.xn--55qx5d could
not be resolved either.

Our cache server runs BIND9.3.1 with root server list
from rs.internic.net.

Do I need to modify our cache server configuration to
enable it?

regards

Joe

Meet your soulmate!
Yahoo! Asia presents Meetic - where millions of singles gather
http://asia.yahoo.com/meetic