Re: Fundamental changes to Internet architecture

  • From: John Kristoff
  • Date: Fri Jul 01 10:59:40 2005

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:53:53 GMT
"Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> With all respect to Dave, and not to sound too skeptical,
> but we're pretty far along in our current architecture to
> "fundamentally" change, don't you think (emphasis on
> fundamentally)?

>From the article it seems clear that the focus is on 'new', not
'changed'.  No need (and probably little likelihood now) to change
this architecture if you don't want to, but a new architecture may
come along that make this one seem quite outmoded.

I'm skeptical about something truly new coming from this specific
project, but I hope it comes from somewhere.  With any luck someday
we'll be referred to as those 'old interphants'.  :-)

John