Re: mobile user strawman argument

  • From: Robert Boyle
  • Date: Thu Jun 30 17:50:25 2005

At 05:02 PM 6/30/2005, you wrote:
>       Of course, if you're going to do this, you should also be doing
> at least SMTPAUTH and preferably TLSSMTP, but then again many clients
> are broken and don't support these technologies or don't support them
> correctly.

Or you support POP AUTH, which just works, is in widespread use (probably
the most widespread of the methods of authenticating the submit port after
allowing relaying by IP), and was implemented years ago when open relays
were closed.
We support all of the above - including only authenticated submit port use. I don't really understand the religious discussion of which protocols should be supported and which should not be. Support them all and let your customers decide which ones work for them based on their particular circumstances at the time and the network they happen to be using.

-Robert

http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin