Re: OMB: IPv6 by June 2008

  • From: Ted Fischer
  • Date: Thu Jun 30 15:57:48 2005

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 14:02:33 GMT
"Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Just in case anyone was wondering, U.S. gummint agencies will
> be screaming in migration agony for the next couple of years. ;-)
>
> http://www.fcw.com/article89432-06-29-05-Web

Well, when I was in the "gummint", we used to get these missives all the the time.
(My personal favorite was the one that said that US Navy had to conduct all email over Outlook for
security reasons.)

We waivered or ignored every one.

So I wouldn't count on this, either.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks
Then there was, about 1989 or 1990, the one that all Military IT purchases had to be OSI Compliant

TP0/CLNP Anybody?

Regards.

Ted Fischer