Re: ATM

  • From: Jason Frisvold
  • Date: Wed Jun 29 13:20:32 2005

On 6/29/05, Petri Helenius <[email protected]> wrote:
> Maybe the small fact that ATM is fading away and building new networks
> with technology going away is going to explode your operational cost in
> a few years time. Business grade IP networks will provide you with equal
> if not better performance than a "dedicated" ATM WAN.

And being replaced with ....  ?  GigE?  DPT/RPR?  MPLS?

ATM is a great technology...  Unfortunately, I don't think it was ever
fully utilized..  From what I understand, MPLS takes some of the good
bits and combines it with traditional routing..  But I don't see a lot
of MPLS implementations either...

--
Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold
[email protected]