Re: Brand X decision could mean widespread VoIP blocking

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Jun 28 17:28:39 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Fergie (Paul Ferguson) wrote:
> Jeff Pulver makes a good point in a Forbes article
> when he says "I believe it's a matter of when, not
> if" providers start blocking VoIP traffic from
> competitors across their own infrastructure, especially
> on the heels of the Brand X SCOTUS ruling.
>
> "If I'm a service provider offering my own voice
> over broadband offering, and I've got the ability
> to block my competition, why not?"

Its obvious Mr. Pulver doesn't operate a network.

It may be a good policy to generate interest in conferences to hear
speakers talk on panels about the potential horrible things. But
even a trivil amount of research (or Google if you consider that
research) would reveal the answer to his question "Why not?"