Re: More long AS-sets announced

  • From: Jon Lewis
  • Date: Tue Jun 21 13:52:08 2005

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005, Bruce Campbell wrote:

> Has anyone considered that the project may have indeed done testing of
> available IOS/$ROUTER versions in a lab environment before even
> considering testing on the 'live' internet?  Reading the cited material
> might be of benefit to the vocal complainers.

Not everyone runs IOS.  Wasn't it something similar to this that crashed
gated and possibly other BGP implementations a few years ago?  Is this
test intended to make sure everyone upgraded / nobody's deployed new gear
with old affected code?

And finally, "we're doing it", "we're not doing it", "Surprise, we did it"
is a crappy way to "notify" the community that they're about to piss in
the global pool.  At least there was some level of notification, but why
bother if you're not going to stick to what you publicize?

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |