RE: OSPF -vs- ISIS

  • From: Mike Bernico
  • Date: Tue Jun 21 11:05:07 2005

The State of Illinois converted to ISIS in 2002 from EIGRP and it has
definitely been a good thing for us.  It's been operationally bullet
proof, and simple to maintain.

We typically get features faster than we would if we ran OSPF.  For
example, we have a desire in the future to use IPFRR.  Every indication
from the vendor is that this feature will be available to ISIS first,
most likely because of either the extensibility of ISIS or more likely
because ISIS is in so many larger providers.

Mike Bernico