Re: OSPF -vs- ISIS

  • From: Dan Evans
  • Date: Tue Jun 21 10:38:54 2005

We're currently running OSPF. Believe me, I understand that switching
IGP's is not a simple undertaking. There are several benefits that I'm
looking at, some of which have already been mentioned in replies to my
original thread. Security is one, the other being IPv6 support. I'm
going to have to turn on another protocol in order to support IPv6. My
two choices are OSFPv3 or IS-IS. The decision then becomes, do I have
a single IGP protocol that maintains both IPv4 and IPv6 information,
or do I run two seperate (although closely related) protocols.

-Dan