Re: Email peering (Was: Economics of SPAM [Was: Micorsoft's Sender IDAuthentication......?]

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Thu Jun 16 10:49:47 2005

On 16/06/05, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email protected]> wrote:
> The proponents of "email peering" typically want to switch from the
> current model (millions of independant email servers) to a different
> model, with only a few big actors.
>
> "Should anyone be allowed to operate an email system? Perhaps not."
> Carl Hutzler
> http://www.circleid.com/article/917_0_1_0_C/

I just don't see where Carl advocates email peering there.

More like "should J Random Luser be given control of mailservers" or
"Should Wile E Coyote be allowed to buy Dynamite and gadgets from the
Acme Company?"

That, and "if you want to operate a mailserver, get a static IP"

--srs
--
Suresh Ramasubramanian ([email protected])