Re: Paper on Email Authentication (Authorization really) (was - Re: Micorsoft's Sender ID Authentication......?)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 21:00:32 2005

On 06/13/05, "william(at)elan.net" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >	No matter how the authors may "promote" their methods, most
> >	people don't perceive that there's any great separation between
> >	anti-spam and anti-forgery techniques.  As far as they're
> >	concerned, all e-mail threats are basically the same.
>
> This attitude is exactly playing in the hands of DMA which wants to
> make it seem like spam is only those UBE with forged origin data.

	I'm not describing my own attitude above, so you can stop being
	insulting.  What I've described is a common perception held by
	end-user types.  I'm not saying their perceptions are correct,
	I'm just saying they exist and shouldn't be ignored.

	This is moving further off-topic, so I'll leave it at that.

--
J.D. Falk                                              blong! you are a pickle!
<[email protected]>