Re: Paper on Email Authentication (Authorization really) (was - Re: Micorsoft's Sender ID Authentication......?)

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 16:49:27 2005

On 06/13/05, "william(at)elan.net" <[email protected]> wrote:

> In part 5, I also go through why none of the proposals are really
> "anti-spam" and promotion of the methods as such is misleading.

	No matter how the authors may "promote" their methods, most
	people don't perceive that there's any great separation between
	anti-spam and anti-forgery techniques.  As far as they're
	concerned, all e-mail threats are basically the same.

	E-mail authentication's promise is that it will improve the
	overall state of the global e-mail infrastructure.  Chopping
	that into smaller bits may be a fun intellectual exercise, but
	it doesn't help explain what's going on to anyone outside of
	our fairly small technology-focused circles.

--
J.D. Falk                                              blong! you are a pickle!
<[email protected]>