RE: Best practice ACLs for a internet facing border router?

  • From: Daniel Senie
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 11:43:15 2005

At 10:16 AM 6/13/2005, Frotzler, Florian wrote:

ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/Ingress-Prefix-Filter-Template
s/

Florian
The original question didn't specify whether the interest was prefixes or packet filters.

For packet filtering, the above URL is not going to help, but a read of BCP38 would be in order.

Edge sites with no downstreams can very easily filter the source addresses leaving their network and ensure no bogus-sourced packets leave, be they RFC1918, or spoofs.