Re: Best practice ACLs for a internet facing border router?

  • From: Robert Brockway
  • Date: Mon Jun 13 10:35:00 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Drew Weaver wrote:

> 	I'm just curious if anyone has ever published a list of what is
> an agreed upon best practice list of ACLs for an internet facing border
> router. I'm talking about things like bogons, private Ip addresses, et
> cetera. If anyone is aware of anything like this I'd like to see it.

I suggest reviewing RFC3330.  The bogons needs to be kept up to date (some
interesting discussions on SAGE-AU of organisations not doing that) but
for a list of subnets reserved for different purposes RFC3330 is
invaluable.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.
Senior Technical Consultant, OpenTrend Solutions Ltd.