RE: Outage queries and notices (was Re: GBLX congestion in Dallas area)

  • From: Joel Perez
  • Date: Wed Jun 08 12:49:12 2005

[ SNIP ]

>I think that these things are operational and belong here. Its'
>the level that ras is talking about and the content. Saying
>MCI has a massive fiber cut impacting 230 Congress IX vs.
>GBLX is not doing what I demand are very different types of
>outage posts.

My original post to the list contained nothing about any services I
expect with provider xxx. I asked if anybody else saw packet loss or
congestion.

My follow-up posts contained the reason as to why I was posting this to
the list instead of to my provider, I then took it off-list with 2 other
posters and managed to get more info out of them then out of GBLX. I try
not to bash anybody because I know that doesn't really resolve anything
most of the time.

>I'd like to see the higher level stuff we used to do and have some
>sort of information along with it vs. "i see a packet drop in XYZ".
>A prefix or something. That usually makes people go look.

I agree, it totally slipped my mind to provide that info. I just typed
up a quick post and sent it out.

Im my humble opinion I think this is Nanog content and that is why I
posted it. Most posters opinion of what is and what isn't appropriate
content varies. I love my delete key, if I don't think it's appropriate
I delete it. No harm done to me.

To each his own I guess.

Thanks to those that responded.