Re: Load Testing Util

  • From: trainier
  • Date: Fri Jun 03 13:53:49 2005

http://directory.fsf.org/System_administration/hookup/tcp/IPSorcery.html

"Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <[email protected]>
Sent by: [email protected]

06/03/2005 01:49 PM

[email protected]
cc
Subject
Load Testing Util

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a (preferably opensource) tool that can generate
network loads of specific protocols and/or levels (for example, if I
wanted to see how much loss I got on a 1 meg spike, over time).  I'm
hopefully looking for something client/server so I'm not necessarily
dependent on reply packets to measure the thoroughput.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Privately if you like, as
I realize the potential for misuse of such things.

-Dan