Load Testing Util

  • From: Dan Mahoney, System Admin
  • Date: Fri Jun 03 13:49:23 2005

Hey all,

Does anyone know of a (preferably opensource) tool that can generate network loads of specific protocols and/or levels (for example, if I wanted to see how much loss I got on a 1 meg spike, over time). I'm hopefully looking for something client/server so I'm not necessarily dependent on reply packets to measure the thoroughput.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Privately if you like, as I realize the potential for misuse of such things.

-Dan