Re: VerizonWireless.com Mail Blacklists

  • From: Brad Knowles
  • Date: Thu Jun 02 11:37:49 2005

At 10:37 AM +0200 2005-06-02, Niels Bakker wrote:

	Failure to do so should be considered a corporate statement that
 you implicitly condone any and all such activities that occur on
 your networks.
 Oooh, threatening, Mr Knowles!
	Threatening?  No, I don't think so.  Something to be concerned about?  Yes.

	However, this discussion should be held in one of those forums where
 it is more appropriate to discuss this subject.  Unfortunately, you
 don't participate in any of them.
 Are you sure you want to inflict a sizeable portion of the Internet's
 entire population on one certain mailing list?
A sizable portion of the Internet's entire population are network or access providers who have mail servers or who provide access to mail servers through their network, and who are not already on the appropriate forums?

If that is an accurate statement, then I would be very, very concerned for the future of the Internet.

                                                 Your claim to fame
 that you had something to do with AOL's mail servers once may not
 be sufficient to support this.
At the time, on a volume basis, I was probably responsible for as much or more anti-spam work than anyone else around.

I know that things have grown a great deal since then, but I imagine that there are probably still plenty of places that have fewer than ten million customers and doing less than ten million messages per day, and yet they are also to be found on the appropriate forums. So, I figure I'm still in pretty good company.

Of course, spam-l is not the only appropriate forum where discussions of that sort should be held.

Now, if we're done with the personal attacks, can we get back to subjects that are appropriate for this forum?

--
Brad Knowles, <[email protected]>

Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755