Re: orsc root server?

  • From: william(at)elan.net
  • Date: Thu Jun 02 06:30:21 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 [email protected] wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/internet/06/01/internet.porn.ap/index.html
|ICM contends the "xxx" Web addresses, which it plans to sell for $60 a |year, will protect children from online smut if adult sites voluntarily |adopt the suffix so filtering software used by families can more |effectively block access to those sites

How is charging $60/year going to protect children from "online smut"?
if anything it'll still be that less reputable will continue to use
less expensive domains.

Also I'm curious how much of that $60 will go to ICANN packet? If not
much then ICM is getting really good deal, amazingly good deal, a monopoly
heaven in fact that reminds me of another TLD decision mentioned at nanog
that ICANN is about to make official...

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks